Friday, August 8, 2008

shoes



today i had a revelation about shoes...why i'm obsessed with them... why I keep so many.... why after buying a new pair i'm instantly revived, a new person..... a butterfly leaving it's cocoon, the wings take flight...i've decided it's the unknown adventure i'm going to have wearing them... putting on a new black pair of flip flops this morning (of course they are black)... purchased a few days ago at a beachy surf shop, the mirrored glass rhinestones gleamed up at me and I knew it was going to be a funtastical day... my niece is staying here with her dad on an important furniture delivery trip to a certain beach house.... and quite to my surprise... figured they stay at the beach house.... we have the absolute pleasure of their company...so i figured it was the perfect chance to spend time with my niece and rae....who at first glance look like sisters.... we dropped noah at gym and went to find a happy nails... after the girls were covered nails to nails in polka dots, we ventured to "dress shop" as my niece requested.... i had tons of "oooh's and aah's" at the little sisters in their dresses.... such pretty girls.... not a stranger had a clue what a tribe of boys I raise....I just smiled behind my sunglasses..."oh yes, thank you...4 and 2....yes such delightful girls...they just love to shop...." it was dreamy having two little girls... stepping into different shoes a mommy who does the double girl thing everyday... we even tried on shoes and bought a few pairs...for mad...and when we arrived home rae stepped into zach's and I snapped this picture...reeling from the day we had i knew exactly how she felt...exhilarated to walk in someone else's shoes....


No comments: