i've hit that place where i'm trying to round out the kids...this place has changed me in that I no longer feel limited in what experiences i can give the kids...there in the town news letter was an add for guitar lessons...a few days went by and I called "Greg"... oh the most laid back person i've ever met... however instantly I took a liking to him because he called my kids quick and bright... Zach naturally of course picked up the guitar and without one ounce of music reading ability started playing chords and keeping music time..the instructors jaw flew open..as I worked with Noah who was strumming the strings with his chord hand.... that was short lived...I truly understand what he's a natural means after having Zach...we have yet to find something he can't do... Knowing Noah wouldn't give up until it was perfect we decided to commit and well 45 minutes into the afternoon we are walking out of the "house of music" {more like hole in the wall full of confusing terminology and equipment}...it must have been the 80's van halen playing loudly in the background that convinced me to let the little mctallicas venture from acoustic to electric.... they are as happy as can be and from the book Noah has practiced and mastered tons of chords...i'm trying to keep up with him but he's like the energizer bunny with a new set of skis... now the amp is interesting because the boys are confident that they are playing music not just killing me loudly with chaotic screeching strings. I just calmly remind them to "practice your chords"..... all the time remembering the patience my mom had with the violin private lessons and the cat running at first glance of the violin case opening...God rest his cute orange furriness... clearly none of the natural music talent comes from this direction. My mother plays fierce accordion and beautiful piano and I've seen my father in law jam on the acoustic guitar... it quite possibly skipped a generation...lucky grand kids... we will see how next week goes they are still playing and it's 9:15. The lesson was at 3:30
Friday, August 1, 2008
mctallica
i've hit that place where i'm trying to round out the kids...this place has changed me in that I no longer feel limited in what experiences i can give the kids...there in the town news letter was an add for guitar lessons...a few days went by and I called "Greg"... oh the most laid back person i've ever met... however instantly I took a liking to him because he called my kids quick and bright... Zach naturally of course picked up the guitar and without one ounce of music reading ability started playing chords and keeping music time..the instructors jaw flew open..as I worked with Noah who was strumming the strings with his chord hand.... that was short lived...I truly understand what he's a natural means after having Zach...we have yet to find something he can't do... Knowing Noah wouldn't give up until it was perfect we decided to commit and well 45 minutes into the afternoon we are walking out of the "house of music" {more like hole in the wall full of confusing terminology and equipment}...it must have been the 80's van halen playing loudly in the background that convinced me to let the little mctallicas venture from acoustic to electric.... they are as happy as can be and from the book Noah has practiced and mastered tons of chords...i'm trying to keep up with him but he's like the energizer bunny with a new set of skis... now the amp is interesting because the boys are confident that they are playing music not just killing me loudly with chaotic screeching strings. I just calmly remind them to "practice your chords"..... all the time remembering the patience my mom had with the violin private lessons and the cat running at first glance of the violin case opening...God rest his cute orange furriness... clearly none of the natural music talent comes from this direction. My mother plays fierce accordion and beautiful piano and I've seen my father in law jam on the acoustic guitar... it quite possibly skipped a generation...lucky grand kids... we will see how next week goes they are still playing and it's 9:15. The lesson was at 3:30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment