Friday, August 8, 2008

blessings



now when I prayed for the Lord to bless our new home I left out a few details.... apparently.... don't get me wrong.. the Lord ever faithful answered back immediately just not in the way I was hoping... or rather expecting.... how completely typical...... anyway we are abundantly overflowing with very large colorful (dare I say beautiful) spiders, ants, the occasional ha-ha fly every 30 seconds or so... now in the valley, yes these irritatingly annoying insects, spiders, whatever, are available for ultra home consumption....however size wise they appear somewhat on a smaller scale... and in less quantity.... remember I like quality over quantity... and the big dude knows that so look at this present he gave me the other morning.....it casted a web of perfection across my dining room set of french doors...and yes he was that big....NASTY! well clearly I didn't appreciate my blessing.... so jess squashed him (thanks babe)...by flicking him against the window...(upper picture)...the ants naturally had a picnic at the wake..... the most unlawful of all insects... they swarm to the dead flies as well in desperation...i'll spare the pictures of the tiny black pests snacking on my ritz (circle crackers as luke recalls) the other morning in my pantry... the solution came in the form of an emergency call to Orkin... he claims I can call every time there is a "breakout". It's 1 am and they are feasting on Junie B's fancy feast in the laundry room... should I call him now... it just seems rude... (ummm Rachel calling the ped. at 4am cuz' Emma had hiccups...anyone?) however with a "guaranteed work" plan I'm soooooooooooo tempted.



No comments: