Wednesday, April 15, 2009

non-groomer






















ahhh in the spirit of not being wasteful..groom the pets myself not too hard right? I mean how hard is it to shave 2 persians a bouvier and a maltipoo?? I mean seriously i cut my own kids hair why pay hundreds for the pets to be groomed...wasteful... so, well lets just say daisy went first...and she has looked better and i guess she'll be comfortable in the heat. enough said. i managed to get one swipe with the clippers on esther and she bolted away with her skunk do. I grabbed xerses and forced him to let me shave him down, many scratches and bites later he actually looked lionesque i didn't scalp him (stuck to a 1/4 inch cut) so noah was happy. first success... and i was covered in pet hair and my fave PINK sweats have yet to be rolled down, it's all matted in them. so this afternoon i was feeling brave and attempted goliath who has not been trimmed since the end of the heat wave last october. it was surprising how his coat shorn off like a sheep!!! quite easy and fast for such a beast! um he didnt have the patience to let me finish his legs and feet so he looks like chewbacca. sometimes waste is defined in different ways. i'm not deterred i'll finish him tomorrow, however i'm hoping the next time will be that much easier having spent hours climbing the learning curve... please don't laugh at my non human babies!!!! their mother is in training!!! and i can't believe jess sacrificed his face trimmer for the pets!!! it was a noble gesture.... i might have to let him borrow my razor now...haha. ok so not my best idea... it'll suffice for now. esther actually looks pretty cute! junie b.was just disgusted at the entire production thanking her lucky stars she is persnickity, clean, and domestically shorthaired....

4 comments:

hannah said...

I give you some major props for pulling this one off. I would forgo getting my own hair done and take the pets in. But, then again, I also won't touch my kids' hair. Goliath doesn't look so intimidating anymore. He looks a lot smaller.. amazing what that big coat adds!!

Gramma Nee' said...

You did a great job! They all look great! How did you keep Goliath down :)

Wards said...

i got it...it was actually easier to reset...seriously...regarding the fur balls...i am so proud of you...however...i heard you getting mad at Jesse about the your venus...

~ Kati said...

that is so funny! very frugal yes, I'm all for that ya know, but looks like a darned lot of work!! very cute...